Thursday, September 8, 2011

India Day 10

Today was our last day in India.  In a few hours we will be headed for the airport for our long journey home. While we have enjoyed our time in India, we are very eager to be home and see the rest of our family.

There are a few things I will miss about India, and a few things I will not miss.  I will miss the delicious food, mango ice cream, being able to travel across town for a dollar, the very kind people and the beautifully intricate architecture.  I will not be missing the unsafe drinking water, the sometimes frightening bathrooms (using a squat toilet on a moving train is not so much fun), and haggling over the price of everything.

The children of BSSK have a special place in my heart.  I will carry their smiles and laughter with me always.  I am so grateful that Vishakha was able to live in such a loving environment while she waited for a family.

Here are a few more photos from our time in Agra, and some from today.  USA here we come.

Taj Mahal from Agra Fort

At Agra Fort

At Fatepur Sikri

 At India Gate


No comments:

Post a Comment