Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Amazing God

I am so completely amazed that this precious child, who I prayed for for so long; who was born half way around the world, in a amazing land I probably would have never visited; who was born to a mother who loved her very deeply, but knew she could not raise her; who weighed only 1.8 lbs. at birth, and struggled just to stay alive; this miracle child was without a doubt hand selected by God to be my daughter. I am, but shouldn't be, amazed by the perfection in His plan. Under normal circumstances, it is very unlikely that I would have ever crossed paths with her in my entire lifetime, but through the miracle of adoption, I now call her daughter. God is so, so good.

I want to share this popular adoption quote with you all today. It so beautifully describes my heart.

We witness a miracle each time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey across time and miles, growing in the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment