Sunday, December 4, 2011

N. Korean Refugee Adoption Act

I don't usually copy posts from other blogs, but this video merits being passed along.  I had no idea this bill even existed, but I think it is a very important one.

I often think about the children of North Korea, since my own daughter was born less than an hour from the border.  I sometimes wonder what her life would have been like had she been born there instead of in Seoul.  Would she even have survived her first 24 hours? 

There is hope for some orphan children who have fled N. Korea.  They are currently living as refugees in other nations.  Although they are free, they struggle to survive, and they live in fear of being sent back.  There is a bill in congress that would make it possible for these children to be adopted by American citizens.  Please watch the following video and take action if you feel moved to do so, and pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment