Friday, June 11, 2010

Something to think about

I have been reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. And I must say I am loving it. It is one of those that really makes me think and challenges my thoughts about how I should live my life. I came across this video of the author on youtube. As someone with 2 mortgages, financial stress can be overwhelming. I have often recently asked God to bless us financially, so we no longer have to worry. I have NEVER considered asking to live paycheck to paycheck so we must depend on Him. On the contrary, I am more inclined to ask for Financial Peace. It raises several interesting things for us to consider. Like does it really please God for us to save so much money for our retirement? Would God rather see us spend our excess to feed the multitude of people who are starving, or provide a home to one of the 143 million orphaned children in this world right now? Is it really more important for me to have a financially secure tomorrow, when so many are waiting, hoping someone will help them today, so they can live to see tomorrow? What makes my future comfort more important than the life of someone starving to death while I type this?

No comments:

Post a Comment