Friday, March 19, 2010

Worship at all times

"At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship" Job 1:20 - This is what Job did after finding out that all his sons and daughters had died.

I want God to fill my heart with the desire to worship him at all times. It is easy to worship in the good times. The birth or homecoming of a child, weddings, promotions, sunny spring days... But what about when things are really hard? What about when terrible things happen, and it seems impossible that any good could ever come from it? Then it is not so easy.

My instinct is to whine and shake my fist at God, to plea and bargain with Him, to attempt to rationalize and understand His plan and His timing. And that is if I turn to God at all in my desperation. Seldom in the midst of the valley do I feel compelled to fall to my knees and worship Him.

Today I pray that God would give me a heart like Job's. May I always be moved to worship my Amazing God, despite what the world is throwing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment